Imagine having all of the comforts of home in a log-style lodge overlooking a beautiful river with sweeping mountain sides and endless uninhabited terrain, in one of the most remote areas of the world! The best part - nobody else but your friends and family are there. We can offer this to groups of family, friends and co-workers looking for a true private getaway from the everyday in an area far from the hustle and bustle of urban life, and right in the middle of breathtaking landscapes - home to wildlife species not found in many places.
Wedge Hills Lodge, founded in 1960 by Albert Fortier, sits perched on a hilltop overlooking the majestic George River just above the 57th parallel. Mr. Fortier, over the years, improved the site's infrastructure by flying-in heavy equipment and renovation materials - piece by piece on singles engine Otters. Two separate gravel runways were produced; one adjacent to the facilities, the other just across the river. To put things in perspective, the closest town 130 miles to the North is Kuujjuaq, to the south 175 miles is Schefferville, and the city center of Montréal is 882 miles away. That's out there!
- Well-appointed timber frame dining area with full window surround overlooking the river
- 4 double occupancy log-style guest cabins with river view, including private powder room with sink, and toilet (choice of 2 single beds or 1 double bed)
- 1 completely renovated family/friends cabin for up to 6 guests with river view and a cozy sitting area, including private bathroom with sink, shower and toilet. (4 single beds and 1 double bed)
- Shower facilities including (2) 48″ x 32″ rainfall showers just steps away from the guest cabins.
- Recreation/relaxation lounge with 180° panoramic view of the river, conversation area with sofas, wood fireplace, poker/game table, and satellite internet, screened porch room with wood burning cedar hot tub
Double Occupancy Cabins
Featuring 1 double bed or 2 single beds in a cozy log-sided one-room cabin, night stand, dresser, direct vent propane heater with thermostat, private powder room with sink and toilet, a shared screened-in timber frame porch with chairs and view of the river, and 2 extra large rainfall shower facilities in a separate cabin only steps away.
Featuring 4 single beds and 1 double bed in a log-sided 3-bedroom cabin, night stands, dressers, direct vent propane heater including separate drying room, full bathroom with sink, toilet and shower, and a cozy sitting area overlooking the river.
Cozy by the fire, gazing out over the george river...
Enjoy breaking-bread with friends and loved ones as our chef serves gastronomic dishes to suit everyone’s palette, ranging from home-style Canadian dishes, to unique creations harvested from the surrounding territory.
Personal service and attention to detail leave all guests with full bellies and looking forward to their next meal!