Struggle with opponents of size in the middle of an almost virgin territory in the Northern Quebec taïga. The famous George River, splendid and endless, wild and impetuous, has countless rapids where the Master of water, the Atlantic salmon, goes up currents and streams in an impressive number, year after year.
The guides will help you to choose the fly of the moment, to throw it where the fish is held, to control the effect of your bait, to seize the blows and especially, to control your energy and your rod to fight with the tenacious combatant who will try to tire you before him.
In addition to salmon fishing, you can also fish in these cold waters for arctic char, lake trout and speckled trout, other popular species that abound and reach unparalleled sizes in the vast north. An adventure to get your fishing dreams true, in an amazing country which worth the trip only by its striking tundra flora, sandy bays, caribous by thousands and multicoloured aurora borealis.
LINE OR FLY FISHING - From June 1st to August 15th
Salmon, pike, speckled trout, lake trout, arctic char.
FLY FISHING ONLY - From August 16th to September 30th
Salmon and arctic char.
Pike, speckled trout and lake trout until September 7 th.
AMERICAN PLAN | george River
2012 season - price per FISHERMAN
7 days trip and 6 nights on George River
Fishing on George River: salmon, pike, speckled trout, lake trout, arctic char.
Access to one of the most beautiful site in Northern Quebec
1 guide per 2-3 persons (devoted, english-speaking)
All meals and snacks
Personal cabin (2 to 6 persons) with toilet, complete bedding, hot water, shower, electricity
Boat with motor & unlimited gas
Exclusive river access on 30 miles
Fish preparation, freezer and cold room storage
Boxes for fish transport on the way out
Map of fishing territory
Transports by seaplane to the lodge
Customers met in Schefferville
Lodging at Schefferville (if needed
Taxes federal and provincial
Licences fishing and hunting (if needed) >>
Personal equipment Fishing rod and lures, fishing clothes and other personal equipment
Tips and alchoolic beverages
Hotel and meals at Montreal or Sept-Iles (if needed).
Prices are in Canadian dollars, and do not include federal and provincial taxes and permits. A minimum of 4 people is needed for the plane. Subject to change without notice.
RESERVATION & PAYMENT
All reservations require a 25% deposit, transferable non-refundable. Balance payable 45 days prior to your arrival. VISA, MasterCard, En Route and Diners Club credit cards are accepted.
1. Simply the best place. The George River has become over the years one of the world's most famous rivers for salmon catchers. One of the biggest salmon size, one of the largest migration (up to 460 km in river), and one of the most virgin and wild waters are attractive for fishermen who want a real challenge. Established at a breathtaking site in the 50's, our lodge offer you access to a true dream. With an impressive 30 miles of exclusive river, you can get easily by boat wherever you want to.
2. Personalized service. We are not an outfitting factory. Because you deserve to have a unique experience, we offer you your own devoted guide, your own comfortable cabin and your own unforgettable moments. We keep small groups capacity to ensure you only the best.
3. Comfort and services.We have everything you dream of: lodge on river shore, great meals, incredible view, complete bedding, electricity, shower, hot water, cold room storage, satellite phone, airstrip, boats.
4. Outfitter since 1958. We know our territory, we know salmons and trouts, and we know how to share our passion.
5. Complete experience. If you’re planning to visit North, why not enjoy everything the North can offer. Because our perfect location between taïga and toundra, and the mythical George River, you can get a incredible experience enjoying a beautiful valley by boat, viewing caribous, black bears and wildlife, walking over the hills, and catch dozens of real fish: salmon, lake and speckled trouts, and arctic char!
6. Great adventure guaranteed. Even we have one of the highest success fishing rates, nobody is supposed to guarantee fish. But we can assure you that we will do all our best to give you an unforgettable adventure, as all our last successful customers.